Urgent business – medical visa in 48 hours !
To give a hike to Indian Medical tourism and business sectors, the Government of India has declared new indian tourist visa rules to help those planning to visit India to get simpler and quicker access to Indian visas.
Highlights of Visa Reforms
From April 1, 2017, changes declared by the State Government of India will make it much simpler to get an Indian e-Visa. Some of the modifications announced:
- e-Visa to be distributed into three subcategories:
- E-Tourist Visa
- E-Business Visa
- E-Medical Visa
- Application window now extended from 30 days before arrival to 120 days.
- Duration of stay extended from 30 days to 60 days.
- Instead of the single entry, now double entry permitted on e-Tourist and e-Business Visa.
- Triple entry provided on e-Medical visa
- Separate immigration counters at airports to help medical tourists.
- Entry with e-Visa now permitted from 24 airports [i.e. previously 16 airports allowed such entry]
Extra Changes to Indian Tourist Visa
Multiple entry 5-year indian tourist visa and business visas are available to citizens of most nations from 94 High Commissions effective March 1, 2017. The remaining will also do so in due course.
- Upon urgent appeals, business and medical visa will be granted within 48 hours of request.
- Intern (I) visa for foreigner’s thinking to pursue internship in India at educational institutions, companies, NGOs with validity of the term of the internship programmer or one year whichever is less.
- Film (F) visa category introduced. The maximum duration of Film (F) visa one year with multiple entries.