What is an Aadhaar Card?
An Aadhaar Card or a Unique Identity (UID) card is 12-digit unique personal identification number allotted by the Government of India. but it is great to have as it has various benefits of aadhaar card for everyone. Any citizen in India or an NRI can apply for an Adhaar card. Moreover, an Aadhaar card can be issued for children of any age. To get it is totally voluntary (not compulsory) process, This service is a free help, and there is no official charge for it.
The process for applying for Aadhaar Card is easy and now has become an online process.
NRIS DONT NEED TO LINK AADHAAR WITH BANK ACCOUNTS
Benefits of Aadhaar Card in India
As Aadhaar card is a scheme of Government of India, there are lots of government processes where Aadhaar Card is used for an identification purpose. This card was introduced to give social welfare benefits to the public in an effective and efficient manner. There are some of the ways in which Benefits of Aadhaar card is currently being accepted are:
- All public sector, as well as private sector banks, now take Aadhaar Card as a unique identifier for any person. It can be used as an option to Passport or Voter ID card.
- Aadhaar card is also being accepted by the Gas distribution companies, under the Direct Benefits Transfer (DBTL) scheme, for identification and registration purposes. These companies are even refunding the subsidy on Gas connections on the basis of Aadhaar cards. The transfer of funds is done to the bank which is recorded on the Aadhaar records
- A person can also use his/her Aadhaar card as identification for getting a new Passport and also for renewal of passport etc.
- All the pensioners from select countries will now have to register their Aadhaar card number to their respective department in order to receive a monthly pension. This move was begun as there have been fraudulent occurrences as beneficiaries requesting pension were found to be fake.
- Aadhaar card can also be accepted as a valid address proof whosesoever required. For instance, for getting a new Mobile Connection, etc.
- Similar to pension, provident fund (PF) money will be given to the account holder who’ve registered their Aadhaar number with the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
With the above benefits of Aadhaar Card, it makes sense for all of us to apply for Aadhaar Card. However, as per the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Person of Indian Origin (PIOs) are not required to link bank accounts and other services with Aadhaar.