COVID-19 is a disease caused by a recently discovered coronavirus. Coronavirus spreads by coming in contact with an infected person and can affect you and your family members.
As of date, more than 20 lakh individuals globally have been affected by COVID-19. While this is an estimated number of confirmed cases, there are numerous unconfirmed cases also and the fear is lurking. If you are one of the person looking to protect your family members from this disease, here are few simple steps which you must follow.
Ways to prevent from (COVID-19 Novel) Coronavirus
Sanitize your house
- Deep-cleaning of your home twice in a week will restrict the amount of germs all over the house. This need not be a costly affair. Disinfecting your house is easy. For instance, lemon, baking soda and vinegar can kill germs in the kitchen. It is also best and safer to use kitchen-based products for cleaning up the kitchen.
- Baking soda can be sprinkled on upholstery. All you need to do is waiting for it to settle for minimum half an hour. It may also be better than any chemical spraying. You can use a do-it-yourself (DIY) method to tackle different types of pollution and germs in your home.
- Moreover, few drops of essential oils can be used to clean shower curtains, toilet rims as well as damp places. Avoid keeping your house areas wet, because it gives good environment for germs to grow.
- In all the bedrooms, make sure that all the cloth stuff is washed well in hot water and liquid disinfectant. You should change bed sheets regularly, preferably every week.
- Kids can bring in dirt and germs. While you cannot limit their movement and play just make sure that their room is always neat and clean.
- If your child is playing with toys, make sure you clean these toys. Soft toys an other toys can be washed frequently.
- Make sure that all surfaces such as shelves, tables, chairs, racks, switches, ornamental artefacts and showpieces – all are wiped clean at least once throughout the week.
- If there are sick people in your house, it is good to wipe clean all the places that they may have touched. This is important as we know Coronavirus spreads through contact.
Things that need attention during the period of Coronavirus infection
Keep your shoes and sandals that you wear outside, if possible outside the house, particularly if there are small children in your family who may pick these up with their hands.
Apart from this, make sure that your garments are washed every day. If germs come on to your daily wearing clothes, it is advisable that these are not worn again, until washed. It is also good to use separate towels at home.
Coronavirus precaution: Quick tips
- All times, keep yourself clean, especially if you have come in contact with large groups of people.
- Take a bath instantly you come back from outside.
- Avoid touching or using tissues, cups, plates, digital devices used by another person.
- Keep a hand sanitizer handy and give one to your domestic helpers, as well.
- Avoid using public washrooms
- Avoid large gatherings as much as possible specially when there are more than 20 people.
- Drink plenty of warm liquids particularly warm water.
- Avoid travel outside the home.
- Choose to stay at home when you are sick.
- Wear masks when going out of the home and in crowded places.